|The Wine Cellar||
|Vinous.com||93 - 95 point|
Châteauneuf-du-Pape Réserve Les Trois Sources
Årgang 2010 var den første af denne nye Châteauneuf-du-Pape fra Vieille Julienne. Ejer Jean-Paul Daumen hviler ikke på laurbærerne og har med 2 nye vine i årgange 2010 ønsket at give særlig fokus til helt specielle terroirs på Domainets berømte jorde. Denne vin kommer fortrinsvis fra vinmarker med sandet jord og der er kun lavet 10.000 fl. Vinen har en mørkelilla farve med en bouquet smækfyldt med sort frugt og antydninger af anis, garrigue og blåbær. Det er en meget kraftig og kompleks vin, og dog umiskendelig elegant og velafbalanceret, ligesom de andre store vine fra Vieille Julienne.
- 96P - Wine Spectator Insider 13.02.2020:"A lush, ripe style, with açaí berry, blueberry and plum reduction notes giving this a slightly exotic bent, while singed bay leaf, worn leather and warm tar accents keep this grounded in a slightly old-school way. Displays ample heft, yet energy ripples through the finish, accompanied by lingering garrigue and tobacco echoes. Strong wine. Best from 2022 through 2040"
- 95P - Vinous.com 22.12.2019:"Deep ruby. Pungent, mineral-accented cherry, black raspberry, licorice and garrigue scents, plus a hint of candied flowers in the background. Deep and alluringly sweet, offering cherry compote, lavender, star anise and cola flavors that are given frame and spine by a core of juicy acidity. Finishes extremely long, spicy and precise, with building tannins and a powerful whiplash of spice-laced red fruit liqueur."
- 97P - The Wine Cellar Insider 2018:" Deeply colored, the wine offers licorice, black cherry, plum and kirsch, with hints of fig, earth, herbs and spice. Exciting to taste the wine is rich, dense, opulent and fresh. The fruit is on the top spectrum of ripe, and yet it still holds freshness and vigor. The finish holds your interest and the fruit. This is the best vintage for Les Trois Sources yet. The wine was made from 60% Grenache, 10% Syrah, 10% Cinsault and a myriad of various other allowable varieties."
- 98P - JebDunnuck.com 28.08.2018:" The 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Les Trois Sources is straight-up sensational and isn't far off the more expensive Reserve cuvée in style and quality. Huge notes of blackcurrants, black raspberries, crushed violets, licorice, and incredible minerality, as well as a smoking floral quality, all soar from the glass of this full-bodied, seamless, pure wine that readers should snatch up. With good acidity, awesome purity, and a great, great finish, it's an incredible wine any way you look at it. Drink it anytime over the coming two decades or more. Now - 2038"
- 93-95P - Vinous.com 23-07-18:" Brilliant ruby-red. A highly perfumed bouquet evokes ripe, mineral-tinged red berries, candied flowers and incense. Pliant and seamless on the palate, showing impressive density as well as energy to the sweet raspberry, cherry and spicecake flavors. The floral note comes back steadily on an impressively persistent, youthfully tannic finish that leaves exotic spice and red fruit preserve notes behind."
- 94P - Decanter december 2017: "Grown on sandy soils. Very deeply coloured, all the way to the rim. Deep, dark fruits and a note of crème de mure on the nose, with a fresh, lifted and lively character. It has very fine tannins and piercing acidity, with the inky, concentrated juice leading to a long finish.Drinking Window 2018 - 2026"
- 17+/20P - Jancis Robinson december 2017: "Cask sample. Sandy soil. Bright and expressive red fruit on the nose, defying the gravity of the alcohol. Very fine tannic feel, with intense black fruit, lifted acid and a lovely floral quality. Rounded, complete and nimble. (RH) 15% Drink 2018-2040"
- 95-97+P - Jeb Dunnuck d. 20.10.17: "More hedonistic and sexy, the inky colored 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Les Trois Source is another crazy good wine, and I suspect the finest version of this wine ever made. Blackcurrants, black licorice, violets and dried rock nuances flow to a huge, opulent, decedent 2016 that has building tannin, a heartrate increasing level of sweet fruit, perfect balance and a great finish. Perfectly balanced, pure and precise, readers should miss this tour de force in wine. I've said it many times, but I'll say it again, there are few wines I'd rather have in my cellar, or on the table, than a Châteauneuf du Pape from Jean-Paul Daumen. The 2015s are beautiful wines and shine for their elegance and purity. They don't have the sheer wealth of material found in vintages such as 2001, 2005, 2010, or 2016, yet has incredible elegance and purity, as well as balance. Jean-Paul commented that he's never seen a vintage like 2016 and his wines are opulent and hedonistic, yet as with all the wines from this estate, has purity, elegance, and structure. They're some of the greatest wines in the vintage."
- Druesorter: Grenache og Syrah.
- Lagringspotentiale: Op til 25 år.
- Drikkemoden: Vent helst 4 år fra høståret.
Domaine de la Vieille Julienne - referenceproducent i Châteauneuf- du-Pape Domainet blev i 1905overtaget af den nuværende ejer familien Daumen. Siden 1990 er det Jean-Paul Daumen, der står i spidsen for dette legendariske domaine. Jean-Paul var fra starten overbevist om at økologiske og biodynamiske dyrkningsmetoder ville højne kvaliteten og disse praktiseres i dag, uden at man dog ønsker at skilte med det - vinene skal tale for sig selv.
Toppen af Côtes-du-Rhône og Châteauneuf-du-Pape
Alle domainets vine anses for at være i toppen af deres appellation. Vieille Julienne ejer også vinmarker med meget gamle vinstokke i Côtes- du-Rhône (80-100 år gamle Grenachevinstokke), faktisk lige uden for Châteauneuf-du.-Pape appellationens grænse. Alle druer til vinene håndsorteres, der bruges naturgær, små, brugte fade og store foudres og hele produktionen
Cuvée Réserve - 100 point fra Robert Parker
Vieille Juliennes Cuvée Réserve er en af Frankrigs helt store og meget sjældne vine, et samlerobjekt på linie med Guigals 3 berømte enekltmarker. Der laves alt for få flasker og der er enorm rift om dem. Den får næsten altid meget høje points af de internationale vinanmeldere, og Parker har givet den 100 point 3 gange: I årgang 2001, 2003 og 2005, samt 96-100 for årgang 2010. Som Parker har skrevet:" Over the last decade, Jean-Paul Daumen, the proprietor, winemaker, and Mr. Everything at Vieille Julienne, has emerged as one of France's most compelling wine producers. Taking advantage of the ancient vines his family owns in the northern sector of Chateauneuf du Pape, and biodynamically farming the entire vineyard, he has produced extraordinary wines since 1998. Daumen's winemaking philosophy is remarkably simple - old vines, tiny yields of around 20 hectoliters per hectare, no SO2 during vinification, aging in neutral tanks or wood, and bottling without fining or filtration. The results are wines of extraordinary purity, and naked expressions of terroir as well as the personality of the vintage. I can not recommend these wines highly enough. Sadly, as with most of the world's most majestic wines, production is relatively limited, and the demand is insatiable."